Saturday, May 30, 2009

six years and now its over...

30 May 2009
Saturday


Yesterday, 29th of May, i went to UP for quite a number of reasons. First, it was Lew's MS Thesis defense. though i wasn't able to attend the defense proper, at least i was able to attend the "Post Defense" celebration at TOSH (The Old Spaghetti House - oh my, they had the best blueberry cheesecake i have ever eaten!!!!!)

Second, i was needed to close the bank account of UP Circuit at Landbank - Diliman Extension Branch... Yes! The organization finally decided to close the bank account which I was the signatory of 6 glorious years...

Academic Year (AY) 2003-2004, I became the Finance Committee Head of UP Circuit. First task was to change the signatory of the bank account from Sharie Castro (Fin Head, AY 2001-2003) and Eugene Villar (Chairperson, AY 2002-2003) to Norman Valdez (Fin Head, AY 2003-2004) and Angelo Tungpalan (Chairperson, AY 2003-2004)...

Then AY 2004-2005 came. Signatories changed to Lew Tria (Fin Head, 2004-2005) and, yours truly as Chairperson (AY 2004-2005).

After my term as the chairperson, nobody from the succeeding Executive Committee have planned to change the signatory..

not until yesterday. Where Lew and I finally closed the bank account of UP Circuit.

For Six Years, I was the signatory of UP Circuit Landbank account. And now, I am keeping the passbook as a memorabilia of my power over money (haha, i can remember after my term as the Chairperson, whenever the current FinComm Head asked for my signature in the withdrawal slip, i asked them "for what?", then i argue if they were withdrawing too much.. haha)...


Let's call it a day!!!

No comments: